EarthFirst is the premier biopolymer plastic film on the market today. EarthFirst comes in various grades and finishes.
When disposed of properly EarthFirst leaves absolutely no waste in the environment. With an adequate mixture of heat, moisture and bacteria, EarthFirst films will compost in a matter of weeks.
Victor Envelope is an approved provider of EarthFirst window material.
All of our offset inks are soy based.
In addition, no VOC inks are used on our enhanced flexo machines. The enhanced flexo inks are UV curable.
No natural gas is required to dry enhanced flexo inks due to the fact that they are UV curable.
Left over inks are recycled and turned into black ink.
Victor Envelope offers several environmental certification products. Please click on the following links for more information.
FSC Certified Products
Certificate# : #TT-COC-004974
SFI Certified Products
Certificate #: #TT-SFI/COC-000013
Let Victor Envelope help you fulfill your environmental commitments and practice responsible forestry.
- All paper waste is separated by grade for recycling.
- 99% of our litho plates, metal strapping, and all other scrap metal are recycled.
- Removal of our drum waste is conducted by companies specializing in the recycling and disposal of items such as ink wash and adhesives.
- Our fluorescent lamps and ballasts have been replaced with high efficient ones. All lamps and ballasts are recycled.
- We provide recycling stations for bottles, cans and office waste throughout the building.
- We use cloth shop rags that are professionally laundered for reuse to reduce solid waste.
- Remaining gases from empty aerosol cans are recycled on site.
- All mop water is sent through a filtration system before entering into the sewer to reduce or eliminate oil and other contaminants from being introduced to the environment.
- In addition to the above programs and practices, batteries, oil, antifreeze, computers, monitors, and printers are all retrieved by companies specialized in the recycling or disposal of each item.
Computer to Plate
In addition to higher print quality, the computer to plate printing process saves on additional waste streams that are a byproduct of using film.
Solutions & Solvents
- Our fountain solutions are alcohol free.
- Our offset wash up solvents are distilled to separate the water for recycling.
Arbor Day Society
Founded in 1972, the centennial of the first Arbor Day observance in the 19th century, the Foundation has grown to become the largest nonprofit membership organization dedicated to planting trees, with over one million members, supporters, and valued partners.
The American Forest's foundation is the nation's oldest nonprofit conservation organization, American Forests has been an influential voice for conservation and the environment since its founding in 1875. We work with individuals, communities and policy makers to protect and restore forests around the world, and raise awareness of how important these ecosystems are to all forms of life on the planet.
Envelope Manufacturer's Association
The E.M.A. was formed in 1933. The purpose of EMA is: (1) To share knowledge of envelope manufacturing among the Association. (2) To produce programs to improve manufacturing efficiency.
Sustainable Forestry Initiative®
You can be rest assured knowing that S.F.I. labeled paper is backed by a rigorous, third-party certification audit.
Forest Stewardship Council®
Established in 1993 as a response to concerns over global deforestation and are responsible for proper forest management.